The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ahhh, Sweetness

The Muffin is very sweet and pretty sensitive to people's reactions and emotions. I've prayed that she will be a good big sister to our new baby and so far, she has not disappointed me!

She already has a blanket that she going to give the Baby-To-Be when it arrives. It's not as pretty as I would have liked it to be, but I was looking for something gender-neutral AND had to pick it out fast because I was trying to win a contest. Everything came out okay, I won the contest, received a fabulous, free, swaddling blanket and The Muffin approved of the softness of the blanket for her new baby. She asks to feel of it and talks about how soft it is.

On October 21, we took her to the OB/GYN's office for our first ultrasound. She didn't have much to say about the baby then, but when I gave her an ultrasound picture of her own she said, "This is the prettiest baby!". Of course it looks like a blob, so I'm hoping that she'll always be kind to her Baby-To-Be.

Two weeks ago, The Muffin suddenly pulled up my shirt and said, "Let me see your baby!". I pulled up my shirt and she patted her hand on my belly and then gave it a kiss. (I melted)

I can't wait to see what she's doing to my belly when it's all full of baby!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh boy! You're blogging. I'm so glad you're going to do this. Will be a great way for family and friends to keep up with what's happening with your pregnancy and of course to track The Muffin.

Joy@WDDCH said...

That is soooo sweet! When I was pregnant with Abby, Elaina would rub lotion all over my belly.

Since I've had some scares lately I haven't mentioned the baby in a long time. But Elaina and Abby came with us to the doctor's office for the blood draw and she said, "Nonna, we're getting Momma a shot to make sure the baby is okay."

Elaina is VERY sweet and sensitive, too, and she is the BEST big sister! They do have their moments but they're easily rectified.

Related Posts with Thumbnails