The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pardon Me........

Pardon me if I chime in here for a moment.......The Mommy said it was OK. I'm The Mommy's auntie Lisa. I kind of persuaded her to start this blog to keep us family members and her friends in touch with her pregnancy. The pregnancy that we are, by the way, very excited about. You see I have no children of my own so any part that I can have in my niece's baby journey is sweet.

I've been thinking for a while now that it was about time for The Mommy and Big Daddy to announce that The Muffin was going to have a baby sister or brother. This past Friday evening as I was driving home from the grocery store after work my cell phone started to ring. I wasn't able to get to the phone before it stopped ringing and the call went to my voice mail. I dialed in to get the message and I heard a small voice on the other end saying Nooooooo, it's beeping, Noooooooo, I don't wanna leave a message. In the background I could hear giggling and laughing and I could hear The Mommy's voice above all the others!! I knew that the small voice was my great niece Callie. Anyway, Callie hung up and didn't leave a message. I knew the family was getting together at my sister's house for a birthday celebration so I dialed her number and Sharalee (The Mommy's sister) answered. She said Callie has something to tell you. Callie came to the phone and she said Lisa! Jamie's preganant! I was like OH she is? Yes, she's gonna have a baby in June! I said Oh, how exciting. Did she just find out today? Jamie, when did you find out? She found out on September 29th! This was November 14th! I was like Ohhhhhh, she did? Yeah, she just told us today though. And Lisa, Maggie didn't even spill the beans!! giggles erupted from the other end of the line. It seems Maggie had known for a while and so had a few other people!!! I'm always the last to know anything! Sigh!

I sure am excited to know that we will have another baby boy or girl in our family next summer. I hope you'll visit Jamie's blog often and don't forget to comment and encourage her, especially a few months from now when her baby belly is out there and she's not as comfy as she is now. Say a few prayers also for a healthy pregnancy.

The Mommy's Loving Auntie
Lisa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails