The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Long Story Short

  • Maggie & I had SO much fun at the Preschool Pajama Party at our church on Friday night. I love spending alone time with her! Ellie stayed with Nana & Pawpaw and didn't want to come home. The kids didn't go to bed until after 10:00 Friday night!
  • Saturday afternoon we went to a special Awana event at church. Maggie raced in a Pinewood Derby at church. She built a car with her Daddy and it was fast! She came in fourth place out of 42 cars in her age group. We were very proud! (pictures to follow when I remember to upload them)
  • On Saturday afternoon, a tornado hit out old hometown, Sanford. It really devastated our small town. We were at church from 3:30-7:30 on Saturday, so we didn't even find out about it until my sweet friend A called me Sunday morning before church. Land lines and cell phones had been out of service and she wanted to let me know that she was okay. (She knows that I'm a worrier!) I was hoping that she was exaggerating when she told me about the damage, but she wasn't. As soon as we were home from church, Big Daddy looked up news footage from the storm. We are SO thankful that we've been able to talk to most of our friends. Thankfully, Gammy Gladys lives on the opposite side of town and was safe. Maggie was really worried about her.
And that, is all I have.

This week is going to be big with Maggie's preschool Easter party, parade and egg hunt. we also have an egg hunt with our library friends on Thursday.
Of course, a certain four year old will be celebrating her birthday on Sunday. Maggie will be turning FIVE on Monday.
She's still an amazing miracle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about Easter with Gooner! Ten PM???? Ahhhhhhh, was she crabby the next day? If we get off schedule Gooner has such a hard time!

Tara said...

Andrew missed his nap all weekend and went to bed after 10:30pm every night. We are getting back on schedule today. Glad all your friends are safe. Such devastation! Congratulations to Maggie on the great finish in the race.

Related Posts with Thumbnails