The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Friday, April 1, 2011

Finished . . . I think.

I'm very happy with how my little desk/vanity project turned out. I have to get liner for the drawers and then I'll have a place to put my sewing stuff and husby's bill paying stuff and my homeschool stuff. Very exciting!

I sat everyone down last night and explained that it was mine and that no one else could put there stuff on it or in it without my permission. I still have to find a little chair for it and figure out what I'm going to put on it and think about something to hang above it and maybe find more knobs for it.

So, here's our hodge-podge bedroom!

The bed is the first thing that you see from the little "bedroom foyer". (If a master bedroom has an entrance with walls on each side, I refer to it as a bedroom foyer. I have been doing this for years and started using the term when I was real estate broker, so it's completely legitimate.)

This is to the left: walk-in closet (out of picture), armoire, master bathroom and Big Daddy's night table.

To the right-I gave up my kidney-shaped night table (it's now a sofa table in the bonus room) and we slip-covered my VERY expensive chair to coordinate with the room. Then there's my hope chest (now painted) and the desk on the other wall.

I have always wanted real bedroom furniture that matches, but the mix and match stuff is really what I like. My parents gave us the armoire the first Christmas after we were married and my dad made our headboard (I drew out what I wanted) a year or so after we bought our first house. The chair was an expensive purchase after my first big real estate closing. (For my second big closing, I bought perfume, so my celebration purchases went down in price!) We had planned on putting the chair upstairs with the loveseat, but we really love it in the bedroom. We have started spending lots of time in there just hanging out watching the kids do flips on the yoga mat or pretending to sleep in our bed.

No April Fools from me today.


2 comments:

Christina said...

Looks great!! I like your bedroom furniture. Each piece has a story behind it. You wouldn't have that with a perfectly matched set:)

Joy@WDDCH said...

Love the desk! If you have a Hobby Lobby or similar craft/hobby store near you they usually have REALLY cool decorative knobs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails