The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Thursday, September 8, 2011

So much for plans

Big Daddy was out of town all of last week and was supposed to be out of town this week and next week, but we had plans for a date this weekend and I was SO excited. He was in a meeting tonight when I sent him a text, so he texted me back to let me know that there was a problem and he wouldn't be home this weekend.

I haven't felt this disappointed since the time that he left for Georgia and I kept telling myself that it was only for the week and then he didn't come back for two weeks. Then there was the time that he was supposed to be away for two weeks and it was three weeks because of a business trip.

Things like this happen and we're always aware that problems come up. Of course, it's hardest on the kids. Ellie has been having trouble going to sleep because she like for Mommy and Daddy to put her to bed. Maggie had a BAD day on Tuesday because she was just so upset that her Daddy was leaving again. Today was great, but I'm not sure how tomorrow will be. I'll be doing something special with the girls this weekend.

Anyway...I actually had a few posts in my head, but they all left and I decided to have a pity party.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I seriously don't know how you make it with him out of town so often. I would pull my hair out so kudos to you!! Hopefully, he'll make it up to you several times over when he gets home!

I think you deserve that Disney trip more than anybody!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I hope you are feeling a bit better now!

Steph

Related Posts with Thumbnails