The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, January 23, 2012

I had such a highly productive day today!!

I cleaned bathrooms, washed two loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen counter tops with granite cleaner (Method) and purged the THREE cabinets that had Maggie & Ellie stuff in them.

Our kitchen has plenty of cabinets, so there's plenty of room for extra stuff. I have one area where most of my actual cooking supplies are and then there's an area where all of the plates and glasses are. Then there's a whole lotta other stuff every where else!

We have a counter where our laptops sit while they are charging and underneath there is what we call the "Art Cabinet". There's a large canvas bin where we put "important" art that will get thrown away when the bin is full. Maggie and Ellie also have their wooden train track and the plastic train track in that cabinet. They love to take everything out so that they can both get in there. And then they whisper!
This is now my homeschool cabinet!!! I had a drawer in my desk that was full of math manipulatives and a wooden bin next to my desk that housed homeschool curriculum that I use weekly to make our lesson plans, as well as a big binder for record-keeping and past lesson plans. Maggie and I each have a binder that we use as we do school work and then there are three or four (depending on the day) books that we use daily.

On the other side of the kitchen...

We have always called this upper cabinet the "Art Supply Cabinet". It houses puzzles, art supplies, and things that need permission before they can be taken out (pop beads, lacing beads, gluepaint). The lower cabinet had our tea set, cups and containers full of seashells and marbles that the girls love to play with. I moved all of that to the upper cabinet and put the art bin and train set in the lower cabinet.
We also had a container in the foyer coat closet with drawers that had boxes of crayons, markers, colored pencils, construction paper, plain paper and magazines for collages. I was able to move all of that to the storage bins connected to the new easel. (For me.) I'm going to put the container with drawers back into the closet with our two toy bins. I'm going to try to sort some of the smaller things (like those darn Little People) into the drawers and then label them.

Quite exciting! Things like this make me feel so accomplished and happy! And I managed to homeschool Maggie, play quite a bit of "Pet Shop" and get the cleaning taken care of. Unfortunately, there's four loads of laundry waiting to be folded and put away.

And one last look at the refrigerator:
This is only a season and one day it will be nice and clean!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Very productive day! I wasn't quite that productive but I did get our 2011 paperwork cleaned out of the filing cabinet. Tax paperwork prepared and just have to file on Saturday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails