The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Week 2

  • This is week 2 of having Big Daddy home! I think this is the first time that he has been home for two consecutive weeks since the end of July or the first part of August.
  • Maggie and Ellie have already gotten used to having Daddy at home every night.
  • Cousin Callie is out of school (again) on Friday, so I'm taking her and Maggie to see Beauty and the Beast. Ellie loves the movie, but we don't think that she would enjoy it in 3D since she will not wear the glasses. She'll be having a "Nana Day" and is already excited about it.
  • I haven't weighed myself lately, but the diet is still going along. Today is day 18.
  • I have felt like I was getting sick and had lots of asthma issues the past week or so.
  • Maggie is thrilled that sign language classes have started back. I already miss having free Tuesdays.
  • I still want a sewing machine. Bad.
  • I have lots of crafty ideas in my head (and on pinterest) but really don't want to spend the money on project supplies.
  • We *need* a new rug for the living room. The one I found that would be perfect is quite expensive. Big Daddy's eyes almost popped out of his head.
  • I feel like the living, dining, kitchen and hallways of our house need to be painted. I repainted everything in our old house except for the bathroom and master bedroom when Maggie was about 2.5. Now I know why. Even though our kids are not what I would call "rough", our walls have quite a few marks at Maggie & Ellie height. I think I'll wait a couple of years since our house is not even three years old yet.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails