The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Thursday, March 22, 2012

And then two weeks passed

I had every intention of doing a better job at keeping a record of our lives, but we have been busy! The weather has been extremely warm (and even hot on some days) and we have been trying to enjoy it, so we took our first zoo trip of the year. We have been blowing lots of bubbles, drawing on the driveway with sidewalk chalk and "painting" with paintbrushes and water.

I'm trying to decide and order Maggie's supplies for second grade. I'm also planning to start a formal preschool curriculum with Ellie. Those two things alone have occupied me nearly every evening after the kids are in bed.

We went to see a production of "Charlotte's Web" with part of our homeschool group from church. We really enjoyed it! Ellie kept saying, "I want more movie". I think we'll be going to see more plays in the future.

Big Daddy took last week off of work and we took "Spring Break" from school. He had lots of school stuff to keep him busy, but it was nice to be together in the evenings.

Maggie says so many funny things to Ellie. Tonight in the bathtub Maggie complained because Ellie stuck her hand under the body wash bottle first. Maggie thinks that she should be first because she was born first. I reminded her that they were both special for different reasons. She said, "Hey, Ellie. You know I'm special because I was born in a different way? They had to cut Mommy's belly open, get me out and then sew her back up. They thought I might die. But I didn't." Of course, I was about to cry! Then she said, "Mom come show us the line where they got me out." Sweet thing just had to ruin my moment!

And that is it. There are tons of other things, but that's all I have the energy to share tonight.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails