The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Q: Why on Earth do you have a blog???

A: I have no idea. At first, it was to document a pregnancy, but I'm just not sure anymore.


I've come to realize that sometimes I act like my mom acted when I was little. Of course, I had no idea that my sister and I were nearly driving her crazy or that she loved us so much that she could burst. I didn't always realize that she was doing SO much on her own because my dad was working long hours to provide for us all.

In other words, I HAD NO IDEA HOW HARD THIS MOMMY-THING COULD BE. I also had no idea that it was worth every bit of the work, drama, tears, prayers and headaches. Oh, the headaches.

One day, I hope that Maggie and Ellie will be able to look back and know who I am right now. Writing a journal would be ideal, but blogging seems a little more realistic.

I still have my mom and I often call her when the crazy is happening and apologize for things I did in my childhood. All of my grandparents have passed away and I often wish I knew more about different parts of their lives. Anyway, I want Maggie and Ellie to have this part of who I am (and who they are, too). Crazy and everything!

I have said before that I'm not a scrapbook person, so this is it. I hope to blog a little more often, but we stay pretty busy living our lives.


1 comment:

Tara said...

I'm not sure either most days and have recently had fleeting thoughts of giving it up. Then, I remember why I do it. Much like you, it is my means of documenting and if I give it up, my kids have nothing more than what I've written in their baby books. Blogging is much easier and less time-consuming for me! Guess I'll keep doing it although I can't seem to find the time much anymore.

Related Posts with Thumbnails