I feel like the past 6 weeks or so have been so crazy and so many things have happened in our lives. From the death of Mike's mom to Maggie turning six. I decided the best way to document some of the stuff that we've had going on is to do a recap. Is there any other way that I'll be able to look back in a month and remember what happened?
- Turning six was lots of fun!
|According to Maggie, this scooter is "the best gift ever because it's a dream come true". Nana rocks!|
- We celebrated our first "Homeschool Field Day". Both girls LOVED it and wanted to do it again! It was quite a production getting 130 kids organized by age and gender and rotating them through all of the events. My favorite thing was when the girls played tug of war!
- Maggie had her first dance pictures taken in preparation for her recital and the end of her first year of dance. They had pictures taken at the dance studio and they wore the outfit for jazz and tap. I decided to take a few in her ballet outfit too. I'll be taking some in her jazz outfit at some point because I have very little faith in the picture (singular) that the photographer took. I paid for "10 edited images" and she snapped one picture so fast that I don't even know how Maggie was posed. I guess I'll get one image edited 10 different ways. I have no idea!
|Ellie cried and wanted in on one picture!!|
- Maggie has finished first grade and started most second grade work. We are doing another year of first grade math, but in a different curriculum. She does well at math, but gets very stressed out if she doesn't understand a concept immediately. I am hoping by going through another year of first grade math she will gain some confidence. We are doing several lessons a day since we're at the easy stuff, so she'll be in second grade before I know it. Another beauty of homeschooling!!
- Ellie has started preschool "work" at home! I have attempted this before, but didn't stick with it. She'll be doing some of the basic things that Maggie learned in her three year old preschool class and hopefully more. I asked if she liked preschool and she said, "Yes! It's ottsa fun!!"
- We had hoped to send both girls to summer day camp at our church, but Ellie's camp is at the same time that we'll be at the beach and Maggie's camp has become an overnight camp. After a discussion, we determined that none of us are quite ready for that. Maggie thought it sounded like fun, but said that three nights away would be too long unless we would come and stay a couple of nights. Maybe next year we will all be ready!
- And did I mention that Maggie lost her first tooth!?
That gets me caught up on the past few weeks, I think.