The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Friday, May 4, 2012

Right Now


I write a lot, but it's in my head.  I think about the things that I want to remember (like yesterday when Ellie said, "Look, I'm just like a little rolling pin." as she rolled across her bed!) and the different things that we have going on from day to day.  In the end, there are too many other things that keep me from writing (or typing).

Maggie lost her first tooth a couple of weeks ago and (finally!) learned how to ride her bike without training wheels last night.  She is six and I homeschool her and I wonder how in the world that happened every single day.  We have taken a couple of weeks off from any school work (but we learn every single day) and will start second grade next week.  The break has been nice, but Maggie thrives when she has work- and her behavior is much better!

Ellie is such a mess!  She is so funny and sweet and she doesn't put up with any junk from her big sister!  She has really shown me what a sponge children are.  Most of the "bad" stuff that she does, she learned how to do from watching her sister.  She seems to be strong-willed like Maggie and she also has the same sweet spirit.

I cannot believe that Big Daddy and I will celebrate our 12 year anniversary in June.  I cannot believe that we got married so young or that we are getting so old!  I'm happy to say that our marriage has lasted longer than the appliances that we bought the first few months of our marriage.  We replaced our washing machine in January of 2009 and just bought a new dryer this week.  So, our appliances died before we did!

I now have the sewing machine that I have wanted for so long.  I have made pillow covers and curtains for Maggie's room.  In just a minute, I'm going to work on a couple of little tote bags.  My sewing machine makes me smile!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails