The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Friday, October 23, 2009

The Weekend Ahead

We are ready to start our weekend! Most weekends around here aren't that different for me. I still have to cook, clean and do laundry as well as care for the kids and try to do a few a extra things while Big Daddy is around to help. And in my spare time, I'll be trying to read a page of this book, because I feel like I could use a little refresher.

This weekend we will be going to a little festival here in town- keyword: little. The Muffin is excited about the possibility of riding the kiddie rides and eating a funnel cake like last year. (Okay, I admit, I'm excited about the funnel cake too) I'm hoping to get a new hair bow or two to add to our collection with the hope that Baby Ellie will enjoy wearing pretty bows for longer than her sister did. (At least we have cute hair bow holders, courtesy of Auntie Charles, to hold our unused hair bows...I'll share pictures one day.) Big Daddy had wanted to go to the farmer's market, so we may go there after the festival. It will depend on how Muff and Baby Ellie are holding up and we'll see if my hip survives the walking. Have I told you about my hip problem??

On Sunday, we will be attending the early service at our regular church and then going to The Muffin's preschool church for their "Children's Sabbath" celebration. Muff has been tirelessly rehearsing the song that I'm pretty sure she won't be able to utter a word of once she's in front of the church. Bless her heart, she's shy like her mama!



This will give us another opportunity to attend a different church since were not 100% sure that we're at the right one now. I won't get started again on our troubles with finding a church.

And since this blog is all about preserving memories of our "ordinary" life for my sweet girls:
We love you both more than you'll ever know.
You make us so happy.
We want to find a great church as much for you as we do for ourselves.
We try to do fun and exciting things on the weekend to make lasting memories for you.
It really is all about you.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

awww, your vp miracle is so sweet!! Good luck Little Muffin. I will pray it goes well! Sounds like a fun weekend! And yeah, what's up with your hip?

Related Posts with Thumbnails