The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Big Daddy's Birthday

Big Daddy decided to go to the gym last night, so The Muffin and I decided to go ahead and bake his cake. She was so excited and was impressed with how the cake "grew and grew and grew" while it was in the oven. It was a pretty cake...until I took it out of the pan.That is one of the layers in three pieces! And the other one is in two pieces!

I greased and floured the pans, I swear. I've only made a layer cake three times and each time this has happened. I think I need silicone baking pans. They are supposedly fool proof. I slapped on tons of chocolate icing and we'll be eating the cake tonight with my family. I'm sure it will taste yummy.

The Muffin wanted to know if we would be playing games and getting our faces painted. I think Cousin Callie's birthday party made an impression on her!


2 comments:

The House of Sprout said...

It's so frustrating when you work that hard and things literally fall apart! I tried the silicon pans and was not thrilled with them either...I think is has more with when you dump them...how cooled they are, etc. But, I'm new to this baking, making from scratch suff too! Have a fun birthday celebration ... and wouldn't it be fun to make your family play some party games!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I don't care if it is in 3 pieces. YUMMY!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails