The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's Official...I Rock!

I left the house a little after 8:00 this morning and just arrived home a little after lunch. I think I wore Maggie & Ellie out since they are both fast asleep!

Our first stop was Maggie's preschool. She met with her teacher and we went over what kinds of fun things she'll be doing this year. They focus a little more on teacher-guided activities and also work on handwriting and phonics. Maggie has no trouble with phonics because I started "The Phonic Song" (what I used to call it when I was a preschool teacher) with her when she was a few months old. Of course, she would also write all.day.long. if I would let her. I think she'll have an awesome year! Ellie & I will also be going on some fun field trips with Maggie & her class.

We went to "just look" at toys after that. Maggie is in the "I want it" phase right now, but she did a fantastic job of controlling herself. I have tried to explain that we can't buy everything we want or we won't be able to pay for our cars, house, clothes and food. We are also talking a lot about need vs. want. I always tell her that it's completely normal for her to want, want, want but that we just can't give into everything that we want...or Mommy would be the size of a house and constantly go shopping! Ha!

We made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby to look at Fall & Christmas decorations, then went to the local mall. I hadn't planned on going there, but Maggie really wanted to and I wanted to do something special for us all before she started back to school. I read on Tara's blog that Belk's was having a great sale, so we stopped there first. I managed to get Maggie two dresses for Fall at 40% off and two matching dresses for each girl for next Summer at 75% off with another 30% off of that. So...I left with six dresses and spent $51 and saved $130. I'd post pictures of the cuteness, but the laptop doesn't feel like importing pictures at the moment. After all the savings we stopped at the little indoor playground. We had the place to ourselves so I let the girls run wild. Then we had Chick-Fil-A and Ellie fell asleep before we left the parking lot.

Maggie is going to the grocery store with Nana after nap and I'm going to enjoy Ellie, fold laundry and read over my Awana papers that I got from Church last night. I'm really excited about teaching one of the three year old classes and I think Maggie is going to have a blast in her class.

And by the way, Maggie saw the clothes that I had picked out for her to wear today and she said, "That's just what I wanted to wear! Mom, you rock!". I asked her to repeat it and she did. Maybe she'll let me pick out her clothes a little more often!



1 comment:

Tara said...

You have had a busy day!! Glad you were able to get some steals. You miss everything about Raleigh...we don't even have a stinkin' Hobby Lobby. That is what I miss about "back home."

Related Posts with Thumbnails