The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In Recovery

I feel like I have been in recovery for the past couple of weeks. For some reason I have been going in circles with housework and laundry and everything else. Right now, I feel like there is a load of laundry to wash, dry, fold and put away every single time I turn around.

On Saturday, we decided (spur of the moment) to go to Ikea. It had been on my to-do list for nearly 10 years. I first heard about Ikea from a friend who was from the North. I looked at a catalog and HAD to go. I checked and the closest store was in Northern Virginia,, a few hours away. A couple of years ago, a store opened in Charlotte and I was so excited. For the past few weeks I had shopped their site and picked out things that I wanted to look at. After 1.5+ hours in the car, eating lunch out and visiting the big mall close to our destination, the kids were getting tired. They managed to make the best of our shopping experience and were thrilled to roam from "room" to "room" looking at things and trying out every chair, bed and drawer in sight. We didn't need to check out the indoor playground because the store was playground enough for them. We left after going all over the top floor and didn't buy anything. We decided it would work out best if we go back without the kids and buy quite a few things that we have picked out. I'm starting on my list today!

Today was our "stay at home" day. I normally have a little housework list, but today my focus was on getting the girls' spring/summer clothes organized. For Ellie, I had to pack up some of the fall/winter clothes that she's outgrown and get out Maggie's old clothes that she'll be wearing when warm weather comes. I LOVE having two girls for lots of reasons, but one of my favorites is pulling out the sweet dresses. Maggie & Ellie will have four matching dresses for the warm seasons. Maggie had to try on different things to see what would still fit from last year. I really try not to have so many clothes for them, but it's easy to get carried away when shopping. Maggie will need play clothes, but she has quite a few dresses already in her closet.

Now, I need to figure out what in the world I'll be wearing for spring and summer! I have had very little interest in clothes for myself since becoming a stay at home mom nearly five years ago. It's not exactly fun shopping for Mommy's clothes when Maggie and Ellie are in tow.


3 comments:

Tara said...

I would like to go to the IKEA myself! I think we've got about all the furniture we need though.

If this baby isn't a boy, I dread the thought of having to start all over with girl clothes.

Joy@WDDCH said...

I've never been to Ikea! I should probably check it out since everyone raves about it!!!

Clothes.. ugh! I'm so with you on that one.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ikea with kids is FUN, but to make big decisions you kinds need to leave them at home. I totally understand. We have one opening near us in Colorado and it will be fun to go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails