The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Happy Birthday

Maggie's birthday is one month and nine days away. She has started counting down.

I have not.

I have really struggled with her birthday in the past for different reasons. This year I have struggled with her party.

We have been invited to all different kinds of parties. The first birthday party that we attended was for a three year old. There was a bounce/jump thing, sandbox and her parents cooked hot dogs and hamburgers.
Here's little Maggie at her friend Maddie's third birthday party! She wasn't even two years old.

We have also been invited to big parties with family and friends attending, parties at bounce places, swim parties, museums, McDonald's and of course, the children's spa.

In the past I had always worried that Maggie would be too shy or embarrassed to have a big party with friends. I decided that this year was the year for her to have her first party with friends. She went to a party at a bounce place last Summer and really enjoyed it, so I thought that is what she would want. I asked and she said...
"I'd just like a party with family."

Of course, that's fine with me if that's what she wants. Especially since her birthday falls over the Easter holiday and schools will be out for Spring break. I would be so sad if we planned a big party and then many of her friends couldn't make it.

I didn't want to do anything over the top, but I thought this was the year for a big party.



3 comments:

Tara said...

One day she'll be wanting that big party and you'll be wishing she didn't. I almost dread the day we do the big party. I'm definitely thinking we'll wait until (at least) the 5th one.

Christina said...

BIG parties are too much work! I've done big parties the last few years and last year I just couldn't do it! I think I will skip the BIG party again this year...but we may do The Children's Museum. They have a great birthday party package! You should check it out!

Anonymous said...

Kids always throw out the craziest things! I'd rather have a small family party. I think you are only supposed to have one friend for every year of age.

Related Posts with Thumbnails