The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Saturday, March 5, 2011

You Can Tell Me Anything

Sometimes I can't believe she's mine.


I thought this would wear off after nearly five years, but it hasn't.

I spent the first few days after her birth saying that I couldn't believe she was mine. Big Daddy assured me that he had stayed with her the whole time from the moment that they brought her out and that she was definitely mine.

Now she has droopy, brown eyes and bruises up and down both legs just like me.

And she's strong-willed. Apparently I am too because we can really give each other a hard time.

I can't believe how long and skinny her legs are. When she's sitting in the floor I am amazed at how far it is from the bottom of her head to where her bottom meets the floor.


One of her most used phrases is, "Can I tell you something"? If you say no, it makes her mad. I usually answer by saying "you can tell me anything". There's no telling what she'll say. She still asks me to tell her what happened on the day she was born all the time. This morning, she whispered,


"Could you tell me again what happened to Martin Luther King"?


Of course, I had explained what happened to Martin Luther King, the civil rights movement, segregation and even a little bit about slavery when she was out of school for the Martin Luther King holiday.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From what I've seen she totally looks like you and you seem to share the same determination!

Related Posts with Thumbnails