The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Friday, August 19, 2011

And then the internet died...a catch up post

So...we went out of town last weekend and came home on Sunday to find out that our internet had unexpectedly passed away. After talking to a few people over the phone throughout the day on Monday, a technician came out and reset something around 7 pm. That was the same time that Maggie had her first dance class. She loved it and Ellie cried (and I cried a little too) because she wanted to take dance lessons too. I tried to explain that money doesn't grow on trees and Ellie would have to wait another year because I am NOT paying for her to take tumbling classes. I immediately had a flash back to Maggie starting Kindermusik classes when she was 17 months old and then starting Gymnastics classes 8 months later. I reminded myself that was when we had one child, a few less monthly expenses and the economy was better. I took Maggie to buy her ballet and tap shoes and Ellie wanted tap shoes too. I told her to get a job. I took the girls shopping to buy them matching tutus (black) and all was well again.

Our new first grade homeschool supplies arrived yesterday. I'm excited about starting first grade math, geography and spelling. We have been doing a first grade writing curriculum for 7 weeks. I am still completely confident in our decision to homeschool and still overwhelmingly amazed at the stupidity, ignorance and rudeness of some people where homeschooling is concerned. We joined a Christian homeschool group and will also be participating in the homeschool group at our church. Maggie will also be taking an elective class this fall and she chose sign language.

Maggie left yesterday evening to go camping with my sister. She was all excited about spending the night with Callie and of course, Ellie said, "I come Fee's (she calls my sister Fee) house. I sleep Callie" a thousand times.

Ellie started running a fever shortly after we put her to bed last night. I'm hanging out with her (alone) today. She asked to "go to Daddy's house" so we are in the bonus room playing. She's playing a combination of dollhouse, cooking and grocery shopping.

And now I'm going to finish working on our Disney World vacation.


2 comments:

Tara said...

Thinking about going to Disney will make it all better....for a little while! LOL What was Ellie's reply to "get a job?" Andrew almost bankrupts me everytime I take him to the store. At Maggie's fast pace, she'll be graduating by age 10 :-)

Anonymous said...

Boo on internet! Our hard drive crashed on Monday so we went without as well! That teal is REALLY hard to read. I had to stop reading because it was painful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails