The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Little Bit of Ellie's Room

I'm not finished with Ellie's room, but I have finally taken the time to finish a few little projects that have been on my to-do list for quite a while.

Ellie's room has been painted for weeks now, but I tend to take my time when picking out things that I'm going to have to live with. After looking in stores and online, I kept leaning towards a chocolate brown comforter and either chocolate curtains or buying printed fabric with brown and other colors.I read lots of design blogs, and they helped me decide that I wanted to use a shade of orange in her room. I feel like we have plenty of dark brown in our house (living room, kitchen, master bedroom and the girl's bathroom) so I was trying hard to stay away from it. I couldn't find anything with orange in it that I liked. I love the way white looks with the color (Valspar, Blue Whisper) of her walls, so I finally decided to go with a white down comforter and white curtains. I think it looks sweet with her white chest of drawers, toy box and book shelf. And it looks really girl-y! Of course, her room color looks nothing like the way that it photographs.


I always try to let Maggie and Ellie have things that reflect their likes and personalities in their rooms. Maggie's pink and zebra room is sort of sassy just like her. Ellie likes the color blue, so we knew that we wanted a shade of blue for her walls. (I'd share the inspiration for her wall color, but the blog is currently out of order.) She has recently fallen in love with Dorothy, the Tin Man and all things Wizard of Oz. We had an extra print upstairs that we had planned to give to Maggie well over a year ago for her birthday, but sometimes her Mommy buys her presents and then forgets about them. ;-) She was so excited when she saw it on her wall. She also loves her ABC's, which she calls "P's".

I have always thought that scrapbooking seemed like a waste of paper, but I have a great love of scrapbooking paper. I also love the sample sizes of paints that you can have mixed. I had a sample of Olympic's Two To Tango mixed so that I could paint the canvas and the picture frames. Hopefully, I'll get the canvas on the wall tomorrow.


2 comments:

Tara said...

Somebody has been crafty!! I like the colors you've chosen and there is just something about a white down comforter with blue walls.

Joy@WDDCH said...

Blue with white is just so crisp and clean! I love the whispy white curtains I see in the corner of one of the pics!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails