This week has been amazing! We have been super busy, but in the best kind of way!
- Monday- For my birthday, Big Daddy took the girls out and they came back with breakfast. We spent a little time together as a family before Big Daddy left for his business trip. Maggie and Ellie watched a 30 minute DVD while I cleaned the hardwood floors and did lots of housework. To end my birthday-day, we went to my parents' house for play time...after a trip to the grocery store. Happy Birthday to me...not really. Both girls had rough days=Mommy had a rough day too. I shared my birthday with my grandmother who passed away in October. This was the first time I'd ever had a birthday all to myself. I only cried once.
- Tuesday- We met other preschoolers from our church at a local children's museum. Maggie and Ellie had the best time! I think the regular admission is ridiculous, so I'm not sure we'll be going back. We got a great deal for a group rate, so it was a fair price for 4 hours of air conditioned fun. Their favorite things were the grocery store, the hospital/baby nursery, Nonie's House, the t.v. studio and a pretend train.
- Wednesday- We met two of my best friends from high school and their two kids for lunch. She homeschools and he's a college professor. We had great conversation and even though our kids aren't the same age (their kids are 10 and 8) everybody had a great time. After lunch, they came back to our house for dessert. I LOVED spending time with them.
- Thursday- Today was like my birthday gift!!!!! We went to Sanford to visit our friends! We started out by driving across town (checked out some of the tornado damage and were able to see the new Lowes that is replacing the one that was destroyed in April) to see what had changed. We went to my old office to visit and catch up in all of the local real estate happenings. After that, we met my Mommy friends and their kids at a local church playground and then went to eat lunch. (Of course, I forgot my camera, had to use my phone and the subjects would not be still!!!)The Original Lunch Bunch!! Ellie and Baby T were hanging on the other side of the table.
We had to wait a loooong time for our food, but the kids behaved well. When you have a part of eight and five of those are kids you just don't want to wait 50 minutes for your food. It was one of the little boys' birthdays and we celebrated my birthday too. We had a great free dessert and I got some sweet gifts too. We ended our trip "home" by visiting "Gammy Gladys". I feel so fortunate that I met Gladys when we started selling real estate on the same day. My favorite part of selling real estate was going to look at houses with her!! I would never have guessed that she would have become the adopted grandmother to my children!Ms. A had forgotten a gift, so I stopped by her house to pick it up after we had spent two hours of pure JOY with Gammy Gladys!. She wasn't at home and had left it for me with a sweet note about driving safe and how she loved me and missed me already. I only cried once during my hour long car ride home.
- Friday- We plan to catch up on the homeschool work that we haven't finished, clean a little and rest a whole lot! Maggie is also attending Vacation Bible School at the church where my grandparents were members and where my grandmother attended before she passed away. Big Daddy will arrive home late in the evening and then we'll have a busy weekend! More on that later!!