The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm starting to think that I'm the only one...

that has EVER questioned the pediatrician/nurse practitioner about vaccinations.

Maggie had her four year old well check-up today and we were surprised to hear that she was "due" four vaccines. The nurse nonchalantly told me what there were four and I guess she could tell that I was surprised by the look on my face. She said the doc would be back to explain the importance of all of the shots. You know, things like she has to have them before she can go to school. (Oh does she really??) As soon as the nurse left I called Big Daddy to tell him that Muff was supposed to get four shots and we decided what to eliminate and what to give her. About that time Miss Muffin said she'd "had enough and was leaving now".

We have always discussed vaccinations and Maggie's former pediatrician (oh how I miss Dr. Gregory) always advised me on which ones to give and which ones I could skip. (I'm not at all against all vaccinations, but Big Daddy and I have issues with the government trying to tell us what our kids need.) This office seems to think that I should smile, hold my girl down and let them go at it. (I'm sure they are already looking forward to Ellie's one year visit in a few weeks when I question them again.) Long story short, Maggie was amazing and had part of the vaccinations. She's in the 7oth percentile for height and 40th percentile for weight. Her eyes tested well and so did her ears after the doc removed a major piece of wax from one ear.

I have lots more that I could share, but I must do more research on vaccinations for a 1 year old...a girl's gotta know what she's not going to get. I'm also working on plans for our Disney World trip (this Winter) and trying to decide if I want to attempt to homeschool Maggie in 2011.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

you are most certainly not the only one that has questioned/researched/accepted/refused vaccinations. It is not easy. But good job Maggie! And good luck to you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails