The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Best Day

Today, I took these two crazy girls to Sanford to visit our "old home".
(This is one of their favorite ways to play now!)

So...for the most part, I'm okay with being here and not there. Then we finally get to go see our friends in Sanford for a lunch date and all of the old feelings come right back up to the surface. I miss our Church, our town and my friends...SO much.

We had lunch with my mommy-friends and four of our five children. It was pure bliss! The children behaved themselves and I had SO MUCH FUN.(Ms. A and I tried to get pregnant at the same time, but our girls ended up being 5 months apart!)

(Maggie & Christopher. Erik was getting a haircut and his mom, Ms. K spent her birthday lunch with us!)

After our lunch, we went to see Gammy Gladys in her new house! Since her husband passed away last year, she decided to move into a maintenance-free community. Her old yard was too much work for her. Maggie didn't miss Paul quite as much as she has in our other visits since he passed. The house was beautiful and Maggie took no less than 35 pictures of it. This was my favorite one!
Ellie loved Gladys from the minute we walked in and I think she really enjoyed her 8th visit to Sanford! Big Daddy & I often wonder what Ellie & Gladys would think of each other. Today, it was definitely love at first sight!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails