The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Friday, December 3, 2010

This Week

I must say that I'm sort of happy that this week is over with. It's nice to be reminded that I can totally do this on my own. The best part happens to be that I'm one week closer to next week when Big Daddy will return home.

We had hoped to talk to each other every evening using Skype, but the hotel that Big Daddy is staying at has "slow speed" internet and it hasn't worked out. Big Daddy went to the Panera down the street last night and we were able to use Skype. Maggie and Ellie were thrilled to be able to see him and were showing him things (as if he hadn't seen everything in our house before) for the first couple of minutes. Then they lost interest and started doing their crazy, sisterly antics. I think Big Daddy got a glimpse into our normal, everyday life! Near the end of our conversation they both gave him kisses when he asked. Ellie kissed the computer screen and Maggie kissed the webcam. And then we cried...well Big Daddy and I cried. Ellie went on about her business and Maggie completely lost it. I think seeing him was just a little too much for her. It took a phone call to him, about 20 minutes and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" to come on to get her calmed down. She's started a new countdown to next Saturday.

Tonight is "Girl's Night In"...as if that doesn't describe nearly every single night. We are watching "Enchanted" (from the Library) and then Maggie's going to have a sleepover in my bed.

I'm taking the girls shopping and out to lunch tomorrow. Heaven help me. We need to get a birthday gift for a preschool friend and look for teacher gifts for preschool and Church. Then on Sunday we'll have Church and the birthday party of Maggie's friend that afternoon. My sister is keeping Ellie so I'll be able to take Maggie to the party alone and have a little big girl time.
Thursday

Guess who picked out Maggie's outfit Of course, I let her wear it to the Library and grocery store. You wouldn't believe what she wore to school today. What will tomorrow bring?
Feel free to pray for all of us, our houses, the sick, homeless and lonely. And yes, those are the things that we pray for and about each day.

Happy Weekend!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails