The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Blog Recap Carnival

Another year has come to an end and that means it's time to do a little "bloggy year in review"!



January
Like lots of other people I sort of make resolutions.
I am NOT even going to read this post because I'm sure I have not followed through on last year's resolutions.
February
The snow started about 6pm on Friday and it snowed all night and part of Saturday.
A big snow for us!!We have already had a little snow this winter and I'm NOT hoping for much more.
And then there's this!
Post #2 where I catch Ellie crawling. Be still my heart my baby is all grown up now! When did she ever crawl? and boy did that cloth diaper make her butt look big!!


March
The weekend went by way too fast!
This just made me laugh! I used to think that the weekends went by too fast, but with our current situation (Big Daddy in Georgia and me and the girls in NC) the weekends really fly...unless Big Daddy's away!

April
We have spent so much time outside this week and we are really looking forward to being outside a lot this weekend!
Ha! Oh how I would like to spend just a little tome frolicking in the sunshine with Maggie & Ellie!! This was after a week of Easter Egg Hunts and nice walks in the Spring sun.

May
I just realized that this will be my first Mother's Day with Ellie outside of my belly.

My first Mother's Day as a mom of two!!! I think about all of the ways that my life has changed since having babies and I could add so many things to this list- one year later.
June
We had such a fun and busy weekend!

That was a fun weekend! I can't believe how much the girls have grown since then! I love looking back and reading about another ordinary weekend.
July
We have been a little busy this holiday weekend, but I thought I'd take just a minute out to write something.
This was right after the 4th of July, so I posted a few pictures and told about our "exciting" holiday weekend.
August
We had a BIG weekend!!
My recap of one of the best birthdays I think I've ever had and a few from the past! August 1st turned out to be my grandmother's last birthday before she went to heaven.

September
I left the house a little after 8:00 this
morning and just arrived home a little after lunch.
This is a little recap of our last outing together before Maggie went back to preschool...and the day that she said, "Mom, you rock". I LOVE days where I rock!!

October
I have so much in my head.
Story.Of.My.Life. I feel like I always have a thousand things going through my mind at any given time.
November
I was having a not very good day until my mom called to see if I wanted to bring Maggie & Ellie over while I ran errands.
Maggie decided to go with me, but if my mom can keep one child while I run errands and that one child is the most helpless one, my day gets a little easier.
December
The family Christmas card, courtesy of Shutterfly.
I love free stuff and I also love all of my past experiences with Shutterfly! Our Christmas cards were a big hit this year!!

Head on over to Musings of a Housewife to join in the fun!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year from N Ireland.

I have joined in the bloggy recap too :)

Anonymous said...

This was a BIG year for you! Wow! And moving! Crazy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails