The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's geting crowded in here...

I have so much in my head.

My Christmas wish list. The one that I make every single year, but don't really expect anything off of the list to appear underneath the tree.

I realized yesterday that I share the same birthday as my Grandma M. Of course, I've always known that, but I realized that now I sort of have that day all to myself. For years she told me that I was her favorite birthday present and now she's gone.

I took a long, hard look at how I feel after the second half of a couple dies and found out that I just don't feel as sad when I know that the one left behind is no longer left behind. I found this out several years ago when I had two "adopted" sets of grandparents die years apart. I pictured them reuniting in Heaven. I wish I could've felt this way when my Grandma D passed away after suffering with cancer, but I didn't. I also think my reaction to someone dying is a lot worse when they've been sick and didn't die of complications from getting older.

The homeschool dilemma. I'm almost completely sure that this decision is made, but it still weighs heavily on my mind.

And then there's a big thing that I'm not going to talk about.

Big Daddy is going on a week-long trip soon. I've never been alone with both kids for this long and I know they are both (and me too!) going to miss him so much. The most we've ever been apart is the thirteen days that he was in Italy and I remember how confusing it was for Maggie. Ellie has never been away from her Daddy for so long.

And there's more, but I need to do something more productive like prepare for my Awana class tonight,

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your decision considering home schooling?

If you don't want to talk about something then why did you bring it up on your blog???? hmmmmmmm.

I hope your week goes quickly!!!! and free of sibling fighting!

Lisa said...

So while Mike is gone you can learn to crochet and I can make paper flower pictures with Maggie. Right?

Tara said...

After reading this earlier today, I decided to make a list of stuff I need. Not like I'll get anything for Christmas but just a running list for anybody who would like to donate to the T fund.

Lisa said...

you have a wishlist, and T has a T fund....cute! I just usually buy the gift for Andy, and then, Oh my! look, I love it too! haha!!

the big thing.....you okay???

Related Posts with Thumbnails