The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's Wednesday!

I have had an amazing day today!!
It all started when I slept late (6:35 is later than usual) and managed to be up and almost ready before either of the girls were awake. For some reason, my hair looks really good and all I did was part it and spray it. Needless to say, that would never happen if we were running late. Ellie and I had a delightful time while Maggie was at preschool and there hasn't been a single meltdown all.day.long.
On the other hand, I have only had three real conversations that didn't start with "Mom, can I tell you something" or "Mom, can I tell you something else" since Monday. I am thankful for my mommy-friend A who called and thankful that our children gave us nearly 20 minutes to chit-chat. I have talked to Big Daddy on the phone at least twice each day (including Sunday) but our conversations are short and interrupted by little voices and hands that want o talk to Daddy on the phone.
I can totally handle being the only parent at home, but the day seems especially long and lonely when I know that Big Daddy will not be coming home. I'm not used to having help or getting any alone time until after both girls are in bed, so that much has stayed the same.
I haven't set the alarm off anymore and I made a batch of granola today. I also ate a pretzel goldfish without realizing that Ellie had sucked all of the salt off of it and cried when they showed the Chilean miners being rescued.
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails