The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, October 25, 2010

Boo at the Zoo

We met some of my old friends (Matt, Jenny & Rachel-we've been friends since middle & high school) and their kids at our state zoo on Saturday for the annual Halloween celebration "Boo at the Zoo". I was much more excited about the people that I was meeting than I was about the actual zoo. I did not leave disappointed.

Big Daddy had planned to stay home and work on a paper, but thirty minutes before I was about to pick Cousin Callie up he decided to go with us. I was thrilled! I wanted a little family time, wanted him to spend time with my friends and I wanted the help. The zoo was really crowded, so I was thankful to have another adult to help look after the three kids that I was taking.

I spent a lot of time saying "stay with our group" just to keep Maggie in check. All of the kids were great and I think we were all worn out!

The cast of characters:
Matt & Jenny, Abe & Abbie- Abe is 9 and Abbie is 7. Matt is a college professor and Jenny is a SAH homeschooling mom.
Dale & Rachel, Alex and Nick- Alex is 5 and Nick is almost 3. Alex had a soccer game, so they met us to tour half of the zoo. Rachel is an OR nurse.
Cousin Callie- of course, she's 9. We took her along because I promised to take her when it was cooler and the animals were a little more active.

The kids played like they had been forever friends! We've been together here and there over the years, but we haven't seen each other on a regular basis since high school. I have so many great memories with them. School trips, prom, senior breakfast, graduation and then our bridal showers, wedding, baby showers and our ten year high school reunion.

We made great memories!

















No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails