The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Here There & Everywhere

With Big Daddy being out of town all of last week I feel a little like I'm playing catch-up around the house. We really did have a delightful week and I can totally handle things on my own, but it was lonely. Big Daddy is going through some changes at work that may require even more time spent there and school id keeping his "free" time occupied.

Big Daddy took Monday off from work to study, take a mid-term and eat lunch out with his best girls. Both kids lost it when he left before dinner to go to the local university library to meet his proctor for the exam.

I'll be taking Maggie, Ellie and maybe Callie to the zoo on Saturday. We'll be meeting some of my very best forever friends and their children there. I'm excited to spend a little time with these special people and Maggie is ecstatic.

Ellie absolutely refuses to ride in a shopping cart or at least ride while sitting on her bottom. Thank God for my ring sling. I can put it on super-quick and she's pretty happy in it. Not as happy as she would be running through the aisles of the store, but she's happy. I took both girls to the grocery store last week and we tried out the race car shopping cart. Ellie sat in it until the check out, so it was sort of a success.

Ellie is starting to say more words and I'm so thankful. Maggie talks all.day.long. Seriously. I'm so thankful when she takes a nap just because my ears need a break.
On Saturday, I took Maggie & Ellie shopping...alone. They were so well-behaved! Maggie picked out a couple of new outfits and everything we bought at the Carter's store was priced at $5 each! I wish they had my size!! I HAD to have new Big Sister/Little Sister shirts and of course, Maggie had to have the same Big Sister shirts as her best twin friends, H & A. H & A have a new set of 8 week old boy-girl twin siblings. (Moment of silence for their sweet mom...)

I'm thankful for my Awana class and I think we're finally getting into a nice routine. I am in charge of our records and I realized last Thursday that there was a paper I was forgetting to fill out. I'm hoping to get o Church a little earlier tonight and get caught-up. The problem is, it's hard to get caught-up with Maggie & Ellie going wild in my classroom!

Big Daddy hasn't been attending Church with us for several weeks. He was able to go (along with my Mom) to hear the Children of the World Choir. Our Church took up a love offering in each of the three morning services and raised over $15,000 to drill wells in poor countries.

Tonight we kick off our Awana Harvest Box Mission Project. Maggie & I enjoyed filling a shoe box with fun and useful items for needy children in the community. Next Wednesday the boxes will be delivered to those children and hopefully, they will be blessed and feel the love of Christ.




1 comment:

Tara said...

FYI I replied to the email you sent me. I hope Andrew never wants to ride in a race car shopping cart (though I'm sure he will). With my $200 worth of groceries, I can barely maneuver the cart as it is much less a race car cart. Have fun at the zoo - we didn't go this year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails