The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Busy Butterfly and Sleeping Beauty

We had a party at the Library today after our regular Storytime, so we had to dress up! Yesterday morning Maggie realized that she needed a crown if she was going to be the "real" Sleeping Beauty/Princess Aurora.

Ellie loved wearing her costume and really seemed to get into character going from one place to another before I could catch her.


She wouldn't stay in one place long enough for me to get a good picture because she is a busy butterfly!

Maggie's dress is a little scratchy, but she wore it for about two hours this morning. Hopefully, she'll be able to wear it okay for her preschool party tomorrow...

Trick or Treating on Saturday or Sunday (???)...


And then when we take her and Callie somewhere very special on Sunday afternoon.


Friday night we are going to Cousin Callie's belated birthday party. we're roasting hot dogs, making S'mores and going on a hayride. Maggie is sleeping over after the party and my sister is going to keep Ellie Saturday morning so that I can do Santa-shopping for both girls. Big Daddy will be working most of the weekend and he's not that into shopping anyway. Needless to say, I could use a little alone time.

Next weekend will be Big Daddy's birthday weekend and we will have a little date and then be shopping for...mini vans. Ugghhh. I never thought I would say that! Neither of us want one, but it would be nice to have the extra room so that we can take people with us once in a while. We decided that it was either a larger SUV or a mini van. We love our small SUV and are just exploring the idea of getting something bigger. Big Daddy needs a replacement for my old car which is getting old and has a lot of miles. We decided that it may be best to get a new van and let him take my SUV. Oh how I will miss it if that's what we decide to do!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Mini vans are great for shuttling kids around and being able to fit other people into your car. I had a Town & Country a few years back and really enjoyed it. I just felt old when I drove it so I gave it to Robert and got a G6, that I then had to trade for an SUV when we found out Joshua was coming along:( Good Luck on your hunt!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails