The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day One

We had a busy, fun-filled weekend and sadly sent Big Daddy out of town for his business trip yesterday. He took our laptop along for the trip, so I'm attempting to do my daily reading on our ancient (for computers anyway) desktop that's in Big Daddy's room. It takes forever to get going and then it's slow after that...and I can't comment on blogs??? Just as the computer was about to finish it's first cup of coffee this morning, Ellie turned it off. I turned it back on and Ellie turned it off again. I am constantly amazed at the mischief she can get into! I was putting away old baby stuff in the attic for 30 seconds this morning and she managed to clear off two shelves of Big Daddy's books. I walked back into the room to find her reading "The Bias Against Guns" and "Freakonomics".
One of my goals for this week is to restore order to the bonus room or else we'll have to start calling it a Man Cave. For some reason I can get a little more cleaning and organizing done when I'm "single". Last night I stayed up until midnight watching CSI:Miami, but tonight I'm going to try and clean the master bedroom closet...maybe.
Maggie wailed when her Daddy left. She seems to think that we can't survive a few days without him. Of course, I may have contributed to that feeling when I accidentally set the alarm for "away" last night and then tripped the motion detector right after I tucked her into bed. She didn't have a lot to say about it, but the look on her face said "you are incompetent and we'll never make it until Friday without our Daddy". She has been repeating the days of the week all day long today and telling me that this really is sort of a short week and daddy will be home really soon.
Ellie is at the age where she's blissful as long as I'm holding her or she's getting into trouble. (Maggie was Ellie's age when Big Daddy was in Italy for thirteen days.) She thought that she heard her Daddy once today and called his name, but was quickly distracted by the neighbor's barking dog.
Anyway...we have survived nearly 24 hours without Big Daddy, but boy do we miss him!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Couldn't help but laugh at the thought of you setting off the alarm. I bet that scared everybody. I'm on our desktop now and it is tempermental just like yours but I can at least comment on blogs.

Hang in there! You'll get a lot accomplished and y'all will be just fine. Little Ellie sounds about like A and she sure knows the best books to pull down :-) (that made me chuckle too)

Anonymous said...

Oh he's gone, boo!!! It's good that you at least have the ancient computer!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails