The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, March 1, 2010

All About the Weekend

The weekend went by way too fast! We went to Cousin Callie's last Upward game Saturday morning, then met my in-laws for lunch (it was as awful as I thought it would be), came home for nap and then I took Maggie & Ellie to the grocery store while Big Daddy worked on his project for school. The highlight of the day was seeing my sweet friend Tina and my sister and Callie coming over for some play time Saturday evening.

On Sunday, I took both girls to church by myself...twice. Church was even better than usual, but I was exhausted after getting them from the car to their classes while wearing high heels! Maggie & Ellie were happy to be back at church and Maggs was thrilled to be back in her Worship & Music class. She'll be singing at church next Sunday, but doesn't want me to tell anyone! I was also able to introduce my strong-willed angel to the associate pastor that teaches the parenting class that I've been attending. Of course, she acted shy and smiled sweetly when he talked to her. He has a strong-willed son (19 year old Zach), so I'm sure he knows the act. I introduced her as "my Zach" so that he would no that she was my strong-willed one.

We've had a busy morning! Ellie and I have shopped at two different grocery stores, put away groceries, have snack, put away a load of laundry and do another load, vacuum and clean all of the counter tops in the kitchen (not to self, buy granite cleaner). I decided to do a quick post before we go to pay a few bills, return Library books and check out new ones on the way to get Maggie at preschool. I have a long list of more things that I'm hoping to accomplish during nap today.

On a side note, please say a prayer for Big Daddy as he works on his school work. His job and school assignments are overwhelming and time consuming, and I want things to be easier for him.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Just reading all the things you had accomplished so early in the morning made me feel like a lazy bum! Guess you figured out the drop off system for the girls at church? We were back in A'boro but skipped church...still weren't done moving. Not fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails