The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Saturday, February 27, 2010

All Grown Up

Every once in a while I really realize that I'm a grown up.

Getting married.
Seeing my best friends have babies.
Buying a house.
Seeing my name on a real estate sign and having business cards.
Buying my first pistol.
Going to my 10 year high school reunion.
Finally getting a positive pregnancy test.
Having a baby.
Being in charge of a baby all by myself.
Taking my big girl to the Library and to Kindermusik and to Sunday school.
Planning to get pregnant again.
Getting pregnant again.
Being in real labor for a really long time.
Having another baby.
Seeing my two daughters together.

And after today I can add one more thing to the list.

My very first favorite little girl (Kelly Grace, and no it's not really a coincidence that I have an Ellie Grace) from when I first taught preschool has been accepted to her top college picks!

Needless to say, I am so proud of her! I hugged her dad and my heart squealed with delight. Kelly is an amazing girl and she has the most wonderful sister and parents. She really wants to go to Wake Forest or Elon University, but she may "settle" for UNC because of the outrageous tuition at a private university. She's going to be a great lawyer one day. She lives just down the street from us and I constantly imagine her outside playing in the yard as a sweet, little five year old, but she turned 18 this past October. She's the girl that you want your daughters to grow up to be. She loves Jesus and sings at church and has the sweetest heart you could ever imagine.

Anyway...I must really be an adult.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww!!!!

Tara said...

Yay for her! Sometimes it really does "hit" that we are adults now as crazy or amazing as that seems.

Related Posts with Thumbnails