The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Love Him!

I really don't talk about Big Daddy very much on the blog, but he's not off limits or anything. I wouldn't want to bore you talking about the long hours that he works, how his job is driving him crazy, how he is too much of a friend and not enough of a parent to the girls or how he stays up late and gets easily distracted while he's doing homework. I definitely wouldn't want to air our dirty marriage laundry on the blog and have you thinking that we don't have a picture-perfect fairytale life. I do occasionally tell about some of the things he does that drives me crazy, but for the most part I don't talk about him. I do love him oh so much and occasionally I'm amazed at how sweet he can be after nearly 14 years together.

Of course, he started out much sweeter than he is now. He used to mail me at least one card every single week and he would actually write something in it. (And they were very sweet) Now, he sends me flowers because "it's easier than having to shop for a card". I'd rather have a card or a scribbled note or something a little more personal. Sometimes he surprises me with sweet things and I usually cry. One of my favorite gifts was when he told me that I could name Baby Ellie, Pacey. In the end, it didn't fit, but that gift made me cry.

Tonight, he asked if I'd want to go somewhere with him on Saturday and maybe I could get a massage while he did the thing that he wanted to do. I told him that there were so many things I'd rather have than a massage. He asked, what I wanted, I told him and then we ordered it. It turns out he'd been checking the history on the computer and was trying to figure out exactly what I wanted. I had shopped around a lot, so he was clueless.

Feel free to guess what it is. I'll share all about it as soon as it arrives by UPS.

And why is all of that underlined??


3 comments:

Tara said...

I think it might be a new sling since you mentioned that a couple of days ago. Or maybe you want that plus something else and then I really have no idea!

Lisa said...

I agree with Tara, I think you gave it away the other day! yay for you. :) I agree, I am always telling Andy that romance doesn't cost a cent, just get creative like he USED to be!! :) Can't wait to hear about your weekend!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I agree. A sling of some sort so you can STILL Baby Wear. Gooner is TOO heavy for that now. Only Q gets that. I agree that as wives we shouldn't air our "dirty laundry." I respect Q and our marriage too much to speak ill of him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails