The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sick babies and date nights don't mix

Big Daddy spent most of the weekend locked in his room working on school stuff and I did my normal stuff with the girls on Saturday morning. My sister had a sick "baby", so we had a double date with Maggie & Ellie Saturday evening. Cousin Callie had a stomach bug and was really feeling bad. Of course, it wasn't at all a big deal to take them to Panera with us (like we have been doing almost every weekend since November). Of course, my sister has offered her babysitting services for next week, but we are having lunch with my in-laws and probably won't have any time for a date because of the whole school work-thing. (If you know me, you know I'd rather not eat for a week than to eat with them...and I like to eat.)

Big Daddy decided to stay home from church on Sunday morning and try and get caught up on his work. I decided to take Maggie & Ellie to my parents' church since the service started later and I wouldn't have to juggle both girls, two Sunday school classes and most of all the computer system that generates their name tags. I still haven't quite mastered getting them checked in yet.

Cousin Callie was feeling better yesterday so I begged my sister to let her go to the The Wizard of Oz play with us while she kept Ellie. Callie and Maggie had a great time! Of course, going to the play caused Maggie to miss her nap which caused a huge temper tantrum later. Maggie needs her nap!!!

This morning Ellie woke up with a horrible, green runny nose and chest congestion.

It's going to be a fun week.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I asked your mom if y'all got to go. The two times my dad has offered to keep Andrew, he got sick and we couldn't go.

BTW, I'd rather starve for a week than eat with my MIL too. I laughed out loud at that comment.

Lisa said...

Auntie Lisa would have been honored to be asked to babysit her nieces on Sat. night so that The Mommy and Big Daddy could go on a date. I'm just sayin.......

Related Posts with Thumbnails