The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not a good day

In the grand scheme of things, it's not that bad, but I believe it's all relative to what you're used to, so I say with confidence that this has not been a good day at all.

I slept more consecutive hours than usual which was a surprise considering both Ellie and Maggie have runny noses and chest congestion. Ellie seems to sleep well when the humidifier is in her room. It's probably the white noise and I should go out immediately and by a white noise machine and I will start having many consecutive hours of sleep each night, but who knows?

I woke up when Maggie came into my room and said she had to use her bathroom because she needed "just a little bit of light". She said it with such a whine that I couldn't understand her and had to ask her to repeat herself...three times. I explained that one of the four light switches in my bathroom would give her "just a little bit of light" if she would turn them on. This set her off and then she woke Ellie up with her loud complaining.

After lots of crying and snot dripping on Ellie's part, we were ready to go to the grocery store. I wore Ellie in the Baby K'Tan for the second time while shopping. She loves, I love it and it's super comfortable. Maggie pushed the little shopping cart, ran over my heels a couple of times and entertained everyone in the sore with some very crazy antics.

We left with our groceries, stopped by the recycling center, returned Library book, checked out new ones and arrived home just in time for lunch. I'm choosing to remeber today in that way and leave out all of the stuff that made it not a good day at all.


2 comments:

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I can't believe she woke up Ellie! That would annoy me to no end!

The Rigelsky Family said...

It's all about perspective, right?

Related Posts with Thumbnails