The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Catching Up

I've spent the morning catching up on blog reading while playing with or watching the girls play with each other. I'm going to spend most of naptime catching up on cleaning the hardwood floors. Big Daddy has an on-line class tonight, so after that we'll spend the evening catching up on everything that happened during the 38 hours (that's two naptimes, two lunches, two dinners, two bedtimes, two baths, two little girls that misseed their Big Daddy) we were apart. Maggie seems to be catching up on the 3+ years she has had to live without the awesome (expensive) flip flops that her Daddy bought her in the airport.

We had a nice afternoon on Saturday. Shopping (I only bought one pair of jeans) and eating at Panera and playing with Maggie & Ellie. They stayed up late because of the time change, so I was up late getting Big Daddy's things together for his trip. (I didn't know that I'd be just like my mom and do most of my husband's packing for him.)

Baby Ellie has started sleeping through the night. As in all night. As in 11 or 12 hours without waking up at all. I wake up feeling like I have a bit of a sleep hangover, but I'm willing to deal with that. It has been a little over four and a half years since I've slept through the night because of either being pregnant or having a child that wakes up. Thank You Jesus for sleep!

I managed to take Maggie & Ellie to Church two times by myself and I remembered how to use the computer check-in system! Church was great both times and both girls had lots of fun in their classes.

Shortly after I arrived at church, I noticed that there were lots of people wearing red and even a few "Wolfpack" shirts in the crowd. I thought that NC State (Big Daddy's alma mater) was in the ACC championship game (stop laughing Tara) for the whole service. I found out that night that a man who is a big State fan was in the hospital and that according to the doctor's it would have to be God that would heal him. People from church decided to wear red in honor of him and one of his family members took pictures of everyone in the service. He's in his early 40's and walked into the hospital with double pneumonia. Within 24 hours he was on life support and his family had received the horrible news that he would not make it unless there was a miracle. His name is Brad and I'd love for you to pray for him, his wife and his teenage son and daughter. The associate pastor said that at any given time there has been 75-100 people at the hospital just praying for him and loving on his family. All of this is just a reminder of how quickly things can change for all of us.

Yesterday was preschool day for Maggie and grocery day for Ellie and her mommy. I was pleasantly surprised to find Maggie on the swings yesterday when I picked her up. Every single time I have picked her up in the past she has been sitting on a climbing structure talking or playing with the other girls around. Her teacher also informed me that......she talked to her! This is really an answered prayer! I hope that she is finally starting to open up a little at school. I just hope that she doesn't open up too much and show them her temper!

And if you're wondering if Ellie received a little airport present, she will tonight (a Webkinz that Maggie will probably take). Big Daddy said that he was my present.


2 comments:

Tara said...

First of all, since I was specifically mentioned, I can't talk or laugh because Carolina has SUCKED so much this year but what a sweet thing (though the wrong color) for the congregation to do. I hope Brad gets better soon and will say a prayer for him right now!!

Secondly, YAY FOR SLEEP!! I would be in the nuthouse had Andrew not started sleeping through the night again. Those 3 months nearly drove me Batty...with a capital B.

Don't forget to take a picture of the gifts from Big Daddy. This was my first time going shopping alone and I was gone nearly 4 hours. I'm positive that is why I was so successful.

Lisa said...

great catch up! I will definitely pray for Brad...that is so scary. Please keep us posted. My husband turns 40 in a few months, and I just couldn't imagine... Yay for Ellie on sleeping through the night! That is HUGE. Caleb...nope. It's a struggle. As soon as my back is back to "normal", and he's over this nasty cold, we are going to work on it, hard core. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails