The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An Anniversary of Sorts

We're celebrating a little anniversary today.

How are we celebrating??

Ellie's eating a yummy organic teething biscuit (I may have had one too!) and Maggie went to the grocery store with Nana.

What are we celebrating??

Four years ago today, I took the final necessities out of the desk in my office and became unemployed...a Stay At Home (Expectant) Mom. Little did I know how much my life would change in a matter of weeks!

I spent those last few weeks of not having a baby outside of my belly, napping, shopping and spending time with my family. I think it goes without saying that I can barely even remember that life.




A Brad update: After a lot of discussion with the doctor's, Brad's family has decided to remove all of his life support today. They have continued to say that he would not want to live in the way that may be necessary. Please say a prayer for his mom, brother wife, son and daughter.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh how I remember that day but it's hard remembering life without Andrew. How boring it must have been!!

Lisa posted his caringbridge page on FB so I read on Saturday and they were going to do it then. I got excited when I read your post yesterday. He will be better off than any of us.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

The grass is always greener. I don't think it is hard to remember how life was because life is so much better now. Sure, I miss sleeping in til 10, BUT one the kiddo goes to bed at 8...the night is ours!

Lisa said...

sorry to hear about Brad. so sad. Praying for the family. Congrats on your anniversary of the best job ever!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails