The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, June 20, 2011

BIG Stuff!!

We have had so much going on the past few weekends, but we decided to take a "family time out" on Saturday morning and go to the zoo...again. We visited the same section that I took Maggie, Ellie and Cousin Callie to on Wednesday. We were there early and everyone else seems to start at the other end of the zoo, so it was very nice. The pictures are somewhere on my camera, but Ellie was able to ride the gorilla on the Carousel and we witnessed the big gorilla "going pee pee". Truly one of the highlights for Ellie! Maggie's favorite part was going to eat lunch and being able to play on a new playground. The best part is that we were home in plenty of time for Ellie's nap!

On Saturday evening, we went to a 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner for some of my cousins. We had a great time and Maggie caught her first really little frog/toad. I know the difference between a frog and a toad when they're big, but this one was really small and I couldn't tell which it was. Of course, I broke her heart by not letting her bring it home. She was devastated and tired and that's just not a good combination.

So, big news: we're getting a family pet. We know what we're getting and what we'll be naming it and I'll share as soon as we are able to pick it up. I like it's name because I just told Big Daddy that I was so in love with a particular children's book series that I wanted to name something after the characters in the book. I casually mentioned a few of the names to Maggie and she thought naming our pet after this main character was a wonderful idea!

The other really big news is that I have a new phone. Big Daddy picked out my last phone when Ellie was a week or so old. I told him to get the most basic one and he did and I hated it. (Mostly because it was hard to open.) It was time for Big Daddy to upgrade and we also decided that I "needed" a smart phone. We switched carriers, have new phones and can instant message each other all day. I have the "no texting" plan because he said there was nobody for me to text or receive text from...and he's pretty much right.



2 comments:

Tara said...

Zoo membership or not...if I had to go to the zoo that often, I would literally go insane. One trip a year is plenty for me. Congrats on the new pet and new phone. We're waiting until "January or February," which is when our plan expires according to Dwight. I hope we can get smartphones and get rid of our landline while changing carriers in the process.

Christina said...

Yayy for the family pet. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! Enjoy your new phone. And I would totally text you if you had a texting plan! I rarely call anyone anymore, but I text almost nonstop! I even got my parents into it, so I don't even have to call them:) I really don't know how I survived before txting:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails