The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

This Week

I feel like the past few weeks have been so busy with homeschool and our beach trip during the weeks and then birthday parties and such on the weekends.

This past Saturday we celebrated Ellie's birthday with my family (pictures tomorrow) . She managed to stretch her birthday out so that she could really enjoy it! Having her "party" (I use the word loosely) reminds me that I'm not a party person. I'd love to plan out little parties months ahead and come up with a really personal theme, but I just order napkins, plates and cups of something and go with it. For Ellie's party we had pizza, salad and cupcakes. Maggie & I chose "Pinkalicious" for Ellie's party because we all three love the Pinkalicious books. Of course, we fell in love with "Olivia" (the pig) right before the party and I totally wanted to have everything Olivia. Maybe for my birthday in August!!

On Sunday we went to a baby sprinkle for my friend T. We think we've known each other since we were toddlers...we think. We grew up together in church, but sort of lost touch over the years. Ahhh, the beauty of social networking. If not for facebook and blogging what would we do? I was also able to see my cousin, T's best friend from childhood, and also one of my best playmates when I was growing up. Again, social networking brought them back together. T will be welcoming her second child, a girl this time. Ellie has started rubbing her belly and saying "baby" since she rubbed T's pregnant belly. Ha!!

After the baby sprinkle we had a double birthday party to go to. One of Maggie's preschool friends and her sister celebrated their birthdays with a bounce party. It's nice to go to a party that is for 5 and 2 year old girls. Maggie and Ellie had lots of fun and were SO tired when we left.

On Monday, I pulled out our real homeschool books and we started kindergarten work. The past few weeks I had been using different things just to satisfy Maggie's need to do something school-related. I worked on a lesson plan last week and we will be doing writing/spelling, reading, math, literature, geography, history and science. Of course, we will still read and have art opportunities throughout the day and have themed art activities too.

I was pretty excited about the upcoming weekend because I didn't think we had any plans . Big Daddy is buying himself a kayak (finally, after years of talking about it) on Friday (with my nephew's work discount). I thought that we might go to a local lake and watch him try it out on Saturday evening. Then, I realized that we have a 50th wedding anniversary celebration to go to. Sunday is Father's Day so we'll be eating with my family after church and then going to Big Daddy's parents house after that.

Another busy weekend.

After looking at the calendar, I'm not sure when we'll have a free weekend. Our anniversary is coming up and my sister is having Maggie and Ellie for an overnight visit. Maggie decided that the sleepover sounded like more fun than the birthday party that she has been invited to for that weekend. I was willing to skip our anniversary celebration so that I could take her to the party, but I was SO happy that she'd rather stay with my sister. Big Daddy and I are unsure of our plans, but I'm hoping for something fun. Maybe hiking or a kayak excursion, but we're not sure yet.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds like you DO have a busy few weeks coming up! It was so great to see you and the girls on Sunday! Hearing you talk about your plans for homeschooling even gets me a little excited about it. I can't wait to hear more:)

Tara said...

Tis the season...so much going on during the summer months. Loved seeing you Sunday but wish I had remembered to get a picture. We are mainly working on letter recognition this summer but I'm sure homeschooling isn't in our future.

Related Posts with Thumbnails