The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mid-Week Randoms

This week has really been something else!!

Big Daddy was off work on Monday for Memorial Day and I decided to take advantage of having him home by painting Ellie's room. Of course, it was just my luck that I had a killer headache on Sunday. It started at church and continued for the rest of the day. I took a muscle relaxer (that the doctor gave me last week which I haven't even shared about) and went to bed hoping that the headache would be history on Monday morning. The headache was there when I woke up and didn't leave until late that afternoon when it was too late to start painting. My mom offered to keep Maggie & Ellie so that I could spend tomorrow painting and I'm hopeful that will happen as planned.

Maggie was anxious to start homeschooling as soon as preschool was over. I had hoped to start in August when schools around here start, but she is adamant about learning and we really want to foster that. I talked her into waiting until yesterday. She loves worksheets and writing exercises, so she went through all of the work that I had planned for the rest of this week. Needless to say, I have had to change the different exercises that we'll be doing. We won't start using the curriculum that I ordered until June 13 which will be our official start of Kindergarten.

Tonight we are having our Awana Family Fun Night at a local fun place with arcade games, go carts, bumper boats and mini golf. Maggie has wanted to go for SO long, but I convinced her that you could only go if you were having a party...which isn't exactly true. She is very excited! We have had temperatures in the upper 90's all week, so I'm hoping for a cool breeze or something to keep us from melting.

Hopefully, I'll be sharing some pictures of Ellie's painted room in the near future. She'll get new bedding once we move her into a big girl bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom made Gooner a quilt for her big girl bed, but she seems so content in her crib... Why mess with a good thing?

Tara said...

My mom's computer is slow as molasses so I tried to stay off it as much as possible. I did see where you commented about not being able to paint bc of the headache. Hope it is gone and you get the room done soon! I think I've been to that celebration place once...I'm sure Andrew would love it and I know Maggie will. Don't melt out there!! It's just downright nasty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails