The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Nine Years

Tomorrow, Big Daddy and I will"celebrate" our ninth year of wedded bliss. Sometimes the years have flown by and then at other times, I swear we've been married forever. We dated for four and a half years before we were married, but getting married really changed everything.
If I had any idea where my wedding pictures were, I'd post them. We've both lost weight since then and I know we've aged. It's hard to believe that nine years ago we looked like babies!
We had an extremely small wedding in the church that I grew up in. We had no attendants, no music and only invited close family and close friends. If I could go back and change things, I would have done something bigger, but at the time it was just what we wanted.
For our "honeymoon" we went to Lake Lure. We left the morning after our wedding and rode with the t-tops out until we saw storm clouds ahead. It wasn't that great of a trip and Big Daddy had work phone calls that he had to make while we were away. He left on a business trip the day after we returned and I made the first of many visits back home.
Since then we've had so many really great trips. We keep thinking that we'll do a scrapbook, but the trips all run together. Once we became parents, the trips became all about making memories and less about resting or trying to fill the days and evenings with things to do. Now that we're the parents of two, a trip to anywhere seems out of question. I don't like to be away from either of the girls for very long and they're all we seem to talk about when we're away.
This year on our anniversary, The Muffin will be at bible school with Nana and Baby Ellie will be going out to dinner with her parents.
Happy Anniversary to us!?


3 comments:

Tara said...

Yes, Happy Anniversary to y'all. We celebrated 6 years on the 14th and it's amazing how much we've changed and how so much has happened. When we are alone, the only thing we talk about is Andrew so I think it may be the natural progression of marriage, parenting and getting old. *Sigh*

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I wouldn't know how to celebrate an anniversary without our kids, being as we were already parents by our first anniversary!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Happy Anniversary! When u find pics I want to see them!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails