The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Monday, June 29, 2009

Normal

I'm still overwhelmed at how not normal everything seems to me. I cannot believe that being here together doesn't feel like home. We miss our friends, our neighbors, our church and all of the old places that we used to go.

I need to lose 6 pounds to be at my pre-pregnancy weight and I'd like to lose 10 more. I'd really like to start going on those daily walks again and I can't wait for those walks in our new neighborhood. I need to be able to wear all of my old clothes AND have them fit properly.
I want The Muffin to get settled into a routine again. She has had so many changes with Big Daddy being away and then with us moving here and to an apartment and then we'll be moving again soon.
I want Baby Ellie to be more happy and less fussy. I'm almost able to set the clocks by her little bouts of fussiness...especially in the evening. I'm looking forward to meeting her new pediatrician next week and seeing how much she's grown since her birth.
I want The Muffin to love the church that we decide to go to. We think we found the right one this past Sunday, but we have one more that we want to visit. I want her to make friends and look forward to church again. I also want her to love preschool when she starts in September. I don't think this will be a problem.
I want to want to clean again. Living in this apartment has really made all of us a little sad and it's been hard for me to feel motivated to clean.
I want us all to feel like we have a home again.


5 comments:

Tara said...

I remember my feeling that nothing was normal when we came home from the hospital and had no where near the changes you've had to deal with lately. And, since we are so much alike, you will probably agree that when people tell me to stop cleaning all the time or just to rest, that is when I get in my funk. I NEED cleanliness and organization to feel good. When you get in that new house, you will start making new memories and the pain/sadness of being away from your old home with eventually diminish....I hope so anyway.

Lisa said...

awwww, sorry Jamie, for the blues! If I were close, I would A) rock Ellie for you at night, B) play with the Muffin and make her laugh, C)clean your house for you, and D) give you a great big hug and just let you cry. :) Hang in there, soon you'll be in your new house, and you'll have weeks behind you of your new church, and Ellie will be out of the newborn infant fussy stage!

Christina said...

I know you will all be happy when you can move in and get settled in your new home. Right now you just have to make the most of where you are and make it "home" for you and the girls! And just keep in mind that Baby E definitely won't remember living in the apartment and Muffin probably won't remember the whole transition either!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

I'm so sorry that things aren't going as planned! Hopefully all will be better soon! How much longer until you can move into the house?

Joy@WDDCH said...

Keep looking at that beautiful light at the end of the tunnel- your home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails