The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Still Naked At 4 Weeks

The walls of our house, that is. They're not completely naked, but pretty darn close!
The walls of our old house were covered in photos. For the last three years the photos were mostly of The Muffin. One of our friends called our foyer "The Maggie Gallery" because it was covered in photos of Maggie. The photos were also scattered throughout the house sitting on any available shelf or table. Once we put our house on the market I uncluttered and removed a lot of them. There were photos of Big Daddy and I when we were dating, pictures from our wedding, our trip to Oz, pictures of my sister's wedding, my niece and nephew, my parents, Big Daddy's family at his brother's wedding and then of course there were tons of pictures of The Muffin.
This morning I went through a lot of our photos and picked out my favorite ones of The Muffin. All of them were before her first birthday. Then, I went through our pictures of Ellie and picked out my favorites. Now, I have all of them in collage frames and they're ready to be put on the wall. That will take care of our hallway and then the rest of the house will comCheck Spellinge later, I guess. I decided that I couldn't use the excuse that "we just moved in" and "I just had a baby" forever. Baby Ellie has two miniature, chocolate brown barn stars on her wall and The Muffin has a white shelf with her "Big Sister" plate and "Wizard of Oz" ornaments on it. I'll get to the other rooms sometime later. I'm thinking about using some wall words to decorate along with the pictures in the hallway. Of course, I'm also dying for some sort of monogram for both girls in their rooms. I'll post pictures once I get something on the wall, but it will probably be a while. You see, we just moved and I had a baby.


3 comments:

Goat Gal said...

I love wall words. I have a great saying on the wall above my bed.
"Once in a while in the middle of ordinary life love give you a fairytale." I also just ordered a Carpe Diem Seize the day wall words. Have fun decorating!

Tara said...

It does take a while to decorate a new house. I still have things I'd like to do. Can't wait to see the pictures...sure it will look lovely.

Joy@WDDCH said...

I think I used the latter excuse ("just had a baby!!!") until I got pregnant with Zoe. LOL! Oops. I just couldn't get it through my head that Abby was growing up.

I can't wait to see your decorating!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails