The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What I Learned This Week

I'm joining in on Jo-Lynne's What I Learned This Week Carnival over at Musings of a Housewife. Here are a few things that I've been taught over the last few days:
  • Our alarm is really loud. I'm surprised that it took us over two weeks in the new house before we set it off and I'm so thankful that Big Daddy was the one who did it.
  • Baby Ellie is no angel! She likes to wake up at 4 am and then stay up for two hours before going back to sleep.
  • I need more than 5 hours of sleep at night, although I'm doing pretty well with that much.
  • I'm not a beautician. I decided to trim The Muffin's hair and I cut it way too short. Luckily, she loves it and thinks it's both "beautiful and gorgeous". It's growing on me too...now if it will just grow back really fast! (maybe I'll post pictures one day...maybe)
  • Shopping with my favorite big girl is so much fun!
  • Preschool can't start soon enough for The Muffin.
  • I think God gave me two daughters just because He knew that dressing them in matching clothes would make my heart soar.


8 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

Aren't the matching clothes THE BEST!? I was so excited when I had 2 girls and could coordinate them. :-)

Here's hoping the new little addition starts sleeping better for you soon. :-)

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

It's funny, sometimes I hear the alarm and other times I don't. Cause it's really loud so when I don't I must REALLY be sleeping hard. LOL
And I've cut my family's hair to short numerous times but thank goodness it grows back!
Blessings,
Kim

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Oh, I want another girl!! Shopping for girls is so much fun!

As for the 5 hours sleep - it's amazing how mommies can function with the bare minimum. Nap while the baby is napping - a nice idea but not always practical!!

Unknown said...

Lovely lessons.

I can remember that sleep deprived exhaustion - hoping you get a great full night of sleep soon.

My daughters used to love being dressed to match, now they hate it!

Wendy said...

Uh-oh! Someone got a mommy haircut! My mom gave me one of those right before school pictures one year. Yeah, thanks mom.

Kara said...

Love the matching clothes! Unfortunately, my two girls are almost 8 years apart and it's hard to find coordinating stuff unless I want to pay a fortune! Hope you get more sleep...my little guy went through a phase like that not long ago...it's exhausting!

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Totally cute! totally show us a pic! I'm sure it is gorgeous!

Joy@WDDCH said...

You're so cute! I can't wait to see Muffin's hair!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails