The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Blog Hop '09

Because I absolutely adore Jo-Lynne at Musings of a Housewife, I'm joining in on Blog Hop '09. Well, that and both kids are asleep and there's nothing on tv. It's being co-hosted by Robin over at Pensieve.

A little about me...I'm a SAHM/W to a hard-working husband and our two little girls. My husband (Big Daddy) and I have been married for nine years. The Muffin is our three year old, and Baby Ellie is our newest addition. (She's almost 7 weeks old now. I say almost, because she already seems to be growing way too fast!!) Once upon a time I was a real estate broker, but now I'm The Mommy.
I started blogging because...of my aunt. A couple of days after she found out that we were expecting baby #2, she emailed me all about my new blog...as in she did everything and just told me to start posting. It's sort of become the scrapbook for our family because I'm not a scrapbooker! I blog about our daily lives and most recently, my pregnancy, the birth of Baby Ellie and our move back to my hometown and looking for a new church.
All about the name...I imagine that my Aunt Lisa came up with the name because we were expecting a sweet, little baby and all babies are miracles! Our sweet Muffin is especially special and such a miracle! She survived undiagnosed vasa previa. This is a condition that is very life threatening and often goes undiagnosed. Luckily, The Muffin was delivered by emergency c-section and survived without any effects! This was such a miracle. After her birth, we were told that the placenta had a succentriate lobe and that we also had velamentous cord insertion. Then, there's Baby Ellie. She is the baby that we talked about, planned for, prayed for, tried for and received. She was born by VBAC and you can read all about that on my blog. I think she completes our little family. You'd have to follow my blog to see if that's true!

20 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice to meet you and your miracle babies! (found you from BlogHop.) Got a couple of those myself ....

Cricket said...

Nice to meet you - so many great blogs joining in on BlogHop this year! :)

A Christian Mom said...

God works in amazing ways, doesn't He!? Look forward to coming back & getting to know you & your little miracles!

ohAmanda said...

How fun that your aunt started your blog! I love it! And your miracles are precious!!

Patricia said...

Hopping on by to say hi. Sounds like you had quite the birthing experience, but it was all worth it I know. I have 2 myself, and I would love to hear the sound of baby cries in the night again...lol!

Unknown said...

Lovely to "meet" you.

Hi from N Ireland.

My dh is a neonatologist, so he has just given me more details on your amazing miracle birth.

Sarah said...

So nice to meet you!! Your family sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

Eve said...

What a creative aunt! ;)

I came by through the blog hop and can hardly wait to read more. What a cute blog!

Thrifty Living Mom said...

Praise God for your miracle babies! Children are a blessing!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your congrats on my baby #7!

Melissa Stover said...

hi! i'm hopping around. my baby is 7 months old and the time has seemed to fly by.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Hi! Stopping by from BlogHop 09. Nice to meet you!

Wanda said...

What a cool Aunt!
I love blogging.....and she's definitely in tune with sharing FUN stuff!
God bless her and your sweet family.
Lots of miracles for sure.
Nice meetin ya!

a49erfangirl said...

Nice to meet you and your babies. They are adorable! Stopping by from the blog hop to say hello.

Charlene said...

Hi, so glad to "meet" you through Blog Hop '09! What a great aunt to give you a "turnkey" blog! Isn't blogging fun?

Hope to see you around the blogosphere!

lovingmytwoboys said...

Just hopping by! :) you have such cutie patooties!

Unknown said...

Nice getting to know you! I love the blog hop it is such a great way to meet knew and unique people and add to your followers while doing so!

Anonymous said...

i know the miracle baby feeling...not to comapre, but i was severely preeclamptic with both of my kids, and we all came though with flying colors.

Marina@EBMR said...

Praise God for your little miracle~

PS I'm Blog Hopping...Come visit my blog and enter the 2 giveaways...while at my blog please could you help me build up comments for the blog giveaway I'm trying to win? Thank you

http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2009/07/top-10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay.html....

Barbara's Beat said...

Your family is so sweet.
Thanks for visiting my blog http://barbarasbeat.blogspot.com/.
Barbara

MrsAshley said...

I am hop-ing over to you from BlogHop'09, I am #311. I was busy this weekend so I'm a little behind. It is so nice to meet you!

Be sure to Hop on over to my place and check out my 30+ giveaways (with a new one added daily) and to spread the BlogHop'09 Love!

Ashley
Beauty4Moms
http://Beauty4Moms.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails