The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What I Learned This Week...I'm finally back!!

I'm finally back to join JoLynne's "What I Learned This Week" carnival. My life has been crazy and I have learned so much, so I'll focus not only on this week, but on the past couple of months.

  • Being very pregnant, temporarily single and having a three year old is a challenge.
  • The recovery from my VBAC wasn't nearly as easy as my previous c-section recovery.
  • I'd rather have a vaginal birth over a c-section even though it was tough.
  • I'm far more capable than I think I am.
  • Moving is NOT fun.
  • Moving a week before your due date is just plain crazy.
  • Apartment life is not for our little family of four. We need our new house to be finished...yesterday.
  • I miss Michael Jackson.
  • The Muffin thinks that he used to be a boy, but is now a girl. But she knows who he is and I could not say that about her before his death. Hopefully, she'll love his music just like we do.
  • Living near my family is such a blessing.
  • Trying to find a new church is so hard.
  • Missing our old church is harder.
  • We are all homesick for our old house and our old town.
  • Baby Ellie completes our little family. I'm pretty sure.
  • Buy a toddler a bike=have a happy toddler...for a while.
  • The Muffin is okay when we leave her alone with strangers while at church.
  • Wearing Baby Ellie in a sling makes my heart happy.
  • The Muffin really loves being a big sister.
  • I have time to read blogs, but I cannot seem to find the time to comment and that makes me feel bad.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats on your lovely new baby! So precious! But I have to ask, how are you even able to put two words together, let alone an entire post? Do you have a cape and tights somewhere that we don't know about?

Q, La, and Gooner said...

eeep! There is a lot of information here!

melaniet42 said...

Congratulations on Ellie! Interesting about the VBAC recovery. I'm going to try VBAC for my next one and I wouldn't have thought the recovery would have been tougher. Hmmm. Still won't deter me though! And you're right...finding a new church home is tough, especially when you've left one you love! Good luck!

Joy@WDDCH said...

Eh, don't worry about leaving comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails