The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Maggie On A Saturday

Maggie sitting on the back steps cleaning her finger nails.


I have a different attitude and outlook on Saturdays, even though I take care of the kids as usual and Big Daddy is often not at home. I do a lot less housework and I find it easier to spend the entire morning outside without feeling like I should be doing something.

The Saturday before last, I found myself parenting alone while Big Daddy was at work. Maggie was so funny and I wrote down a few of the things that she said so that I could remember them later.

"It's horrible. There's bird poop all over Ellie's swing". ~when we first got to the swing set
"I'll pretect myself from strangers while you put Ellie to bed".~she was swinging and Ellie was falling asleep in her swing after lunch
"I'm just going to put flowers all in the road so that people will know that I'm a friendly person".~on our walk
And my favorite...
"Neighbors love me".

Her Mommy loves her too...in spite of her mood swings. Last Sunday after Church, Big Daddy picked Maggie up from her class, while I was getting Ellie. They were finishing up a "Celebration of Families" to go along with their Bible story about Abraham and Sarah. While we were eating lunch I asked Maggie what kind of party food they had. She responded, "You know, those little round doughnuts without holes in the middle". They're also known as doughnut holes.

2 comments:

Tara said...

*smile*

Lisa said...

I LOVE the things they say at Maggie's age! She is so clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails