The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Friday, May 7, 2010

All I Want for Mother's Day & Vaccines

I've already instructed Big Daddy not to worry about getting me anything for Mother's Day other than a card. Maggie is SO excited about the flower pot that she made me for Mother's Day at preschool. I bought a few new clothes (guilt free) and I need to schedule an eye exam (my first ever because my perfect vision isn't so perfect anymore) and I want this in lieu of gifts.

I thought I'd make a little list of stuff that I would like to have if I were going to request presents.
  • Since I'm with my children all day, every single day, I think it's okay to ask for alone time even though I most likely will not get it. I'd even like a shopping/girl's day with Maggie.
  • Perfume. Seriously...I haven't had perfume in over 4 years. I'd love to have Ralph Lauren Blue or something that smells good.
  • Jewelry. I think this necklace from Joy is gorgeous. (I want it and I'm going to get it some day!!!) She made my "VP Mommy" necklace a couple of years ago. I don't wear it because it makes me a crying nutcase, but I look at it and touch it often and it's beautiful. She is the sweetest girl and I feel blessed to call her one of my blog friends. If you order from her, tell her that I sent you!
  • A date with Big Daddy. Our 10 year anniversary is coming up, so hopefully this is one gift I'll get soon! We haven't had a real date since Ellie was born!
Like most moms and women out there, I'd settle for a little appreciation and adoration from the ones that I mother...Maggie, Ellie and Big Daddy!

*********************************************

On a completely different note: Last night I became overwhelmingly concerned about vaccinations. I was so blessed with Maggie's former pediatrician (that I'd go to again if we were in the same town) because she guided me and didn't try to tell me what to do. Since Maggie's four year well child visit last week I have been researching more on vaccines and I feel like I've made a lot of mistakes. I have decided to see a different pediatrician. Big Daddy says that a guy from work has an "amazing" pediatrician and we are hoping to go there. I'm planning to call later today.
I am not at all against vaccines, but I'm not so sure that the benefits outweigh the risks and I want a doctor who will respect that. I'm not sure if it's "mother's intuition" or just me being a little obsessive compulsive, but I am feeling very anxious about giving Ellie vaccinations at her 12 month well baby visit. This never happened when Maggie was itty bitty, but she hasn't had every single vaccine that the CDC and AAP recommend.
I'd LOVE to have your feedback and hear what you think about vaccines.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I usually ask to not receive gifts but this year, I am requesting a necklace. I can't visit the link but I want one of the handstamped necklaces. Steph and I are also getting one for my mom with her grandsons' names.

And my thoughts on vaccines would take too long but Andrew has gotten them all.

Joy@WDDCH said...

Thanks for the shout out on the jewelry!

As far as vaccines go my sweet Zoƫ has never gotten one. The only prick she has ever gotten was Vitamin K at birth.

Related Posts with Thumbnails