The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Where does the time go???

I have been asking myself this question all week.

I have been awake more hours than usual this week, but I haven't been able to get very much accomplished and there's so many things that I've wanted to do. Maggie's school calendar has kept me occupied and then there's the sick Ellie-thing.

Today was Maggie's last day of preschool. I have been a little excited about having those two mornings free, but I'm also sad that her first year is coming to an end. And oh my, look how she's grown!


And that hair!!!

Yesterday was a tough day for me because I went to bed late, woke up several times with Ellie during the night and was up fixing her breakfast at 5:30. After lunch I went to the mailbox and there was a graduation invitation from my sweet little first favorite preschool girl, Kelly Grace.

Maggie noticed that Kelly's outfit matched our glass magnets on the refrigerator and suggested that we "hang Kelly up". Isn't she lovely? And her "little" sister is gorgeous too.(Notice Maggie's morning to-do list beside of Kelly)

Now, every single time I go near the fridge I see my Kelly is all grown up.

I haven't actually talked to Kelly, but I have talked to her mom, dad and sister. We went to her Church for a while, got to hear her sing, sat behind her and a friend at IHOP one night and live right down the street from her, but I haven't talked to her. It's sort of hard for me to imagine introducing myself to her and knowing that she probably wouldn't remember being a three year old and being one of my bestest friends. She taught me that "because that's the way God made it" can answer a lot of tough questions. I have purposely encouraged certain things with Maggie just because that was the way Kelly did it when she was three. She is such a special girl and so is her sister and her parents are just amazing. I went out with the girls on Wednesday night and saw her dad. He encouraged me to actually stop by and visit and said that Kelly can't believe that she has a namesake.

Anyway...I'm feeling like time is going by way too fast and before I know it my little girl will be graduating from high school.

And FYI- Ellie is also sort of named after Gammy Gladys- a.k.a. Ellen Gladys.


2 comments:

Tara said...

I can't believe how much Maggie has changed. Putting those two pictures together really tells the truth. Growing up is bittersweet for us all whether we are the ones doing it or it's somebody we know.

Q, La, and Gooner said...

Wow! She really changed!!!! I agree, time flies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails