- I had the bathrooms clean before 7 am .
- I managed to get our groceries, hopefully for the full week.
- We made a quick visit to Nana's house to pick up the steam cleaner. Yes, cleaning the bedroom carpets and the area rug in the living room is one more thing that I want to do. When my mom told me to keep the steam cleaner I knew that I would probably postpone my cleaning a little. It's supposed to be raining this week, so I'm going to wait until we have nice, sunny weather and I can get he girls out of the house while the carpets dry. I'd also like to add that we haven't lived here quite a year and the carpets aren't that dirty, but Ellie's previous spit up issues and present drool problem wreak havoc on carpets...and hardwoods.
- Ellie had a longer than usual early nap which allowed me to put groceries away and prepare lunch while Maggie played.
- Maggie was up at 6:30.
- Ellie has been a little fussy and very drool-y. I'm blaming this on teething, as usual.
- Maggie has been very strong-willed today.
- Ellie didn't want to nap at the usual household nap time.
- Maggie "just couldn't go to sleep".
- Maggie had a monstrous display of her strong-will and bad temper for nearly an hour.
- Mommy wants to run away and leave the children with Big Daddy for at least a day.
In the middle of Ellie screaming because I couldn't hold her while trying to calm Maggie down from being "so very tired" my phone rings. I answer and it's the Director of Preschool Ministry from our Church. They needed a volunteer to help with a few small children that belong to the camp teachers for Preschool Summer Day Camp and just wondered if I'd be able to help out. Of course, I don't want to say no and the only real reason that I couldn't do it was because I didn't know if my mom could watch Ellie. I think you know the toddler teacher...me. Ellie will be coming along for camp too! This will be a nice way to be involved with the Church and it will save me from making so many 15 minute trips to and from Church. Maggie's really excited that Ellie and I are going to camp with her!
Feel free to pray that today goes better for us. We had planned on meeting Daddy for lunch and doing a little shopping, but after Maggie's behavior yesterday we decided to just hang out at home and have lots of play time.