The Mommy

The Mommy

about us...

I'm The Mommy, a SAHM to Maggie & Ellie. I'm married to Big Daddy, an engineer, grad student and our hard-working provider.
I blog instead of scrapbooking in hopes of preserving a part of our life for the future.
We enjoy beach trips, going to Church and spending time together...all as a family...because that's what we are.

our VP miracle, Maggie

our VP miracle, Maggie
loves homeschooling, sign language, Jesus, reading, church, writing songs and dancing

our sweet Ellie

our sweet Ellie
loves her sister, going to church and the library, singing, babies, chocolate and being naked

Blog Archive

Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer Break- Day 1

Day one of our little summer break did not go well.

The positives-
  • I had the bathrooms clean before 7 am .
  • I managed to get our groceries, hopefully for the full week.
  • We made a quick visit to Nana's house to pick up the steam cleaner. Yes, cleaning the bedroom carpets and the area rug in the living room is one more thing that I want to do. When my mom told me to keep the steam cleaner I knew that I would probably postpone my cleaning a little. It's supposed to be raining this week, so I'm going to wait until we have nice, sunny weather and I can get he girls out of the house while the carpets dry. I'd also like to add that we haven't lived here quite a year and the carpets aren't that dirty, but Ellie's previous spit up issues and present drool problem wreak havoc on carpets...and hardwoods.
  • Ellie had a longer than usual early nap which allowed me to put groceries away and prepare lunch while Maggie played.
The negatives-
  • Maggie was up at 6:30.
  • Ellie has been a little fussy and very drool-y. I'm blaming this on teething, as usual.
  • Maggie has been very strong-willed today.
  • Ellie didn't want to nap at the usual household nap time.
  • Maggie "just couldn't go to sleep".
  • Maggie had a monstrous display of her strong-will and bad temper for nearly an hour.
  • Mommy wants to run away and leave the children with Big Daddy for at least a day.

In the middle of Ellie screaming because I couldn't hold her while trying to calm Maggie down from being "so very tired" my phone rings. I answer and it's the Director of Preschool Ministry from our Church. They needed a volunteer to help with a few small children that belong to the camp teachers for Preschool Summer Day Camp and just wondered if I'd be able to help out. Of course, I don't want to say no and the only real reason that I couldn't do it was because I didn't know if my mom could watch Ellie. I think you know the toddler teacher...me. Ellie will be coming along for camp too! This will be a nice way to be involved with the Church and it will save me from making so many 15 minute trips to and from Church. Maggie's really excited that Ellie and I are going to camp with her!

Feel free to pray that today goes better for us. We had planned on meeting Daddy for lunch and doing a little shopping, but after Maggie's behavior yesterday we decided to just hang out at home and have lots of play time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails